In this tutorial, we'll show you how to extend Windows VM's root volume.
- We assume that, You have changed the virtual instance root volume size, for example, 40 GB to 50 GB while creating the instance.
- Once you logged in the server, open run command and type diskmgmt.msc
- Your additional space will be show as unallocated in the disk management snap-in.
- To extend your root volume, right click on c: drive and click on extend volume.
- A new wizard will be open and click Next to continue.
- Specify the amount of space that you willing to expand and click Next button.
- Click finish to complete the wizard.